Just when I thought senior citizens had enough to worry about, Netflix’s I Care A Lot comes around and changes everything.
Let’s just say I won’t be letting my grandma out of my sight. Here are 19 scenes from the movie that reminded me that scammers suck.
1. When Marla’s scandalous profession is revealed.
2. When Marla legally keeps a son from seeing his elderly mom in a nursing home.
3. When Jennifer is tricked into thinking Marla is her guardian and is forced out of her home.
4. When Marla admires her wall of “clients.”
5. When Marla takes more than just Jennifer’s money.
6. When Jennifer gets forcibly sedated because she asked to use her cell phone.
7. When Marla refuses to release Jennifer, even after her son’s lawyer visits.
8. When Jennifer is so close to breaking out of the nursing home, but the elaborate plan is soiled.
9. When Marla insists that the routine for Jennifer get turned upside down.
10. When Marla gets Jennifer committed to a psychiatric ward.
11. Every single time the judge voted in Marla’s favor.
12. When the doctor gets killed because of Marla’s greed.
13. When Fran gets beat up by Roman’s goonies.
14. When Marla’s plan works and she becomes Roman’s legal guardian.
15. When Jennifer is finally released, but something bigger and more sinister is brewing.
16. When Marla and Roman go into business together.
17. When Marla stands in front of an even bigger display of her clients.
18. When it seems like Marla isn’t going to have any consequences for her actions.
19. When the son said his mom died in the nursing home and he couldn’t even see her.
What scenes stood out to you the most? Let us know in the comments!