1. Versed Day Maker Microcrystal Exfoliator uses microcrystalline, a plant-based, biodegradable alternative to harmful microbeads, to gently exfoliate the skin. Some reviewers praise it as a maskne treatment while others say it’s a fantastic drugstore dupe for Dr. Brandt’s $80 Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant. Either way, sold.
2. Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment is a product that people with acne swear completely changed their life. It’s the only FDA-approved retinoid acne treatment available without a prescription, and not only clears pimples, but helps with texture and tone.
3. e.l.f. Instant Lift Brow Pencil magically reverses the damage you did your brows during the early 2000s, when pencil-thin brows were all the rage. Plus, it’s $2 — basically the same price as a taco!
4. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing Facial Treatment is an old-school product that has been called an acne holy grail due to its ability to deeply cleanse clogged pores and fight breakouts. All you have to do is mix the bentonite clay powder with apple cider vinegar and you have the ultimate pimple potion.
5. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream destroys frizz even in high humidity — we’re talking 97 percent, thanks to the presence of nourishing argan oil.
6. Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol Free Toner – Rose Petal is part of Thayers classic toner family, but stands out on its own as a cult favorite. While the witch hazel helps fight acne and balance skin tone, the rose petals give the skin a natural dewy glow.
7. Jason Wu Beauty Flora 9 Eyeshadow Palette may be the new kid on the beauty block, but it’s already proving itself to be a must-have for any makeup kit. The vegan formula is easy to work with and the shades are versatile for any day-to-night look.
8. Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy for Dry and Cracked Skin is one of those products that people call on for a variety of skin concerns, from extreme dryness, cracked skin, calloused heels — it even speeds up tattoo healing.
9. Amie Clear & Calm Cleansing Wipes are a gift for those of us who loved the convenience of facial wipes, but hated the ecological imprint they caused. These eco-friendly wipes biodegrade in 15 days, and are gentle enough for sensitive skin.
10. Undone Beauty Unfoundation Light Coverage Glow Tint Foundation is a great option for anyone looking for a light, skin-like finish and not a full-coverage base. Reviewers have compared it to both Glossier Skin Tint and Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint.
11. NYX Professional Makeup Bare with Me Prime Set Refresh Spray should always be on hand anytime you need to prep, refresh, or set your makeup. Aloe and cucumber extracts are infused in the formula so you’re nourishing your skin with each spritz.
12. e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Daily Cleanser is the perfect face wash if you’re in dire need of something that will remove makeup and gunk without drying out your skin. In fact, it contains both ceramides and hyaluronic acid, both known to hydrate the skin and keep moisture locked in.
13. Maybelline Color Sensational Ultimatte Slim Lipstick may not be a liquid matte, but it’s packed with long-lasting color and lightweight. Reviewers have compared it to both MAC and Smashbox lipsticks, and say it’s as comfortable to wear as a lip balm.
14. Pixi By Petra Correction Concentrate Brightening Peach erases evidence of sleepless nights by neutralizing dark circles thank to the inclusion of vitamins A, C, and E. Use it anywhere you need a little extra brightening.
15. Covergirl Lash Blast Clean Volume Mascara proves that a good vegan mascara with natural ingredients exists. (This used to be something that was hard to find!) Get doe-like lashes with this mascara that is free of talc, sulfates, and mineral oil and instead has moisturizing marula and argan oils.
16. Winky Lux Flower Balm Lip Stain not only looks pretty on your vanity (it contains a real chrysanthemum flower inside of it!), but it’s the perfect lip product when you want a touch of color. The pH-powered formula automatically adjusts to your skin tone to create a personalized pinkish hue.
17. CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser has won the hearts of everyone from celebrities (Blake Lively, Olivia Wilde and Ashleigh Murray are fans) to TikTok skinfluencers. This tried-and-true face wash contains salicylic acid to help with breakouts, while ceramides help keep skin hydrated.
18. Bliss That’s Incredi-Peel Spa-Strength Glycolic Resurfacing Pads are a must-have if you’ve been searching for something to dramatically improve skin texture. These pads contain 10% glycolic acid which helps tackle fine lines as well as discoloration. The best thing? It does all that with a gentle formula so you likely don’t have to worry about irritation.
19. Honest Beauty Extreme Length 2-in-1 Mascara and Lash Primer has won multiple beauty awards for its ability to lift and lengthen the eyelashes with clean ingredients at an accessible price point, giving more expensive faves from brands like Pat McGrath and Dior a run for their money.
20. EcoTools Makeup Brush Cleansing Shampoo will make you question why you wasted money on $20+ brush cleaners. This shampoo uses gentle, paraben-free ingredients that will clean off all the makeup from your tools, leaving them looking brand new and feeling great on your face.
21. Versed Skin Soak Rich Moisture Cream is on its way to cult-favorite status. That is, if it hasn’t reached it already. People love this cream, and some even say it’s a very convincing dupe to La Mer. Yes, THAT La Mer! While they only share a few of the same aging-focused ingredients, like algae extract, vitamin E, and glycerin, both creams have a thick consistency that’s especially great for dry skin.
22. Biore Charcoal Whipped Detox Face Mask compares to BeautyCounter’s $50 Counter + Charcoal Facial Mask as they both draw out breakouts and can gently exfoliate dead skin cells due to the salicylic acid element. If your skin needs to be cleansed in the waters of Lake Minnetonka, this is highly recommended. (At less than $8, it’s worth a shot.)
23. Weleda Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Cream will be your savior this winter and beyond. There’s a reason why this multi-purpose moisturizer gets such good reviews and is loved by everyone from Priyanka Chopra to Instagram influencers. It has botanical extracts made from organic chamomile, calendula, and wild pansy plus nourishing sunflower and sweet almond oils to help hydrate the driest skin.
24. NYX Professional Makeup Brow Glue Stick fluffs up brows, making them feel thicker while also keeping them in place, Reviewers are comparing it to the Anastastia Beverly Hills Brow Freeze, but like it even better because it doesn’t make your brows feel stiff.
25. Urban Skin Rx Even Tone Cleansing Bar goes above and beyond the typical cleanser. It’s a 3-in-1 product that also acts as an exfoliator and a brightener, and contains key ingredients azelaic acid, kojic acid, and licorice root. Fans of the product also say that it helps with acne while preventing scarring.
26. Batiste Clean & Classic Original Dry Shampoo beats more expensive dry shampoos time and time again because it does exactly what it needs to do: trick people into thinking that you washed your hair. Who needs to spend money on a fancier option when you can get the real deal for just a few bucks?
27. Kristin Ess The One Purple Shampoo might be exactly what you’re looking for if you’re trying to maintain your blonde but haven’t had much luck with other purple shampoos (it’s tough out there!) Blondies swear by this shampoo for rescuing their color with toning perfection. Buh-bye, brassiness.
28. Sweet Chef Ginger Vitamin C Serum Shot contains ginger, which is chock-full of antioxidants that help protect skin against free radicals and fights anti-aging, while the vitamin C improves dark spots and balances skin tone. Hero status.
29. Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave In Detangler has earned praise from fans for being a multi-purpose product and a necessity for curly-haired peeps. It can be used as both a leave-in and a normal rinse-out conditioner, and easily untangles knots and smoothes frizz without weighing curls down.
30. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Face Salicylic Acid Toner Clarifying Solution is the next best thing to getting your hands on Biologique Recherche Lotion P50, the hard-to-find, luxe French exfoliating toner, that, despite smelling like garbage, has an almost mythical reputation for being a skincare gamechanger. This toner from La Roche-Posay is known to give equally impressive results, smells way better, and is less than a quarter of the cost.
31. Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin with SPF 15 is a multi-tasking foundation that controls oil (due to the presence of salicylic acid), provides full, flawless coverage AND protects from the sun with SPF. What more could you ask for?