1. Pacifica Beauty Ginger Root Volumizing Spray requires only a quick spritz on damp roots. Proceed to style as usual but expect increased volume, pollution protection, less grease on your roots between washes, *and* a divine passion fruit and ginger scent.
2. Silicone-free L’Oreal Paris Elvive 8 Second Wonder Water Lamellar makes good on its promise of shine, shine, shine. This banishes dullness in eight seconds flat, giving your mane all that lustrous bounce but thankfully *none* of the weigh-down.
3. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is considered a holy grail amongst the ~thin hair~ community for its foolproof formula. It’s all very simple: Spray this on dry hair for an immediate root lift — and buildable, nongreasy volume will be delivered with just a few spritzes.
4. Hair Dance Dry Shampoo Volume Powder vacuums up grease and adds body sans leftover chalky white residue. Pro tip: If you add some into your roots before bed, you’ll wake up with a completely refreshed scalp that looks like it was shampooed five minutes ago (…as opposed to five days ago).
5. Hairstory’s New Wash comes in a squeezy bottle and is ultimately life-changing for folks with fine hair. wonderful elixir that’s a godsend for people with fine hair. It gives tresses ultimate gloss, refines your natural style, and promotes smoother-than-a-baby-butt softness.
6. SexyHair Big Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray lets you run your fingers through your hair (*cue passage from Nicholas Sparks novel*) with confidence. This provides ultimate hold without making your mane feel stiff, meaning you won’t hear a crunch whenever you adjust a bang.
7. Remington Curling Wand is capable of doing the Impossible (yes, Impossible with a capital “I”). This miracle tool allows even the finest, straightest of manes to hold the most voluminous beach waves: Just wrap your hair around the barrel, wait a few seconds, and you’re done. Minimal effort required. Several tears shed.
8. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying Shampoo — because that 10 pounds of dry shampoo you used two days ago is still trapped in your roots. Trust me. It didn’t exactly run away. This anti-residue wash deep cleans build-up that would otherwise lead to lack of body, excessive grease, and *gulp* stringiness.
9. Cake Beauty The Curl Friend Defining Cream delivers glossy, frizz-free curls on second (or third or fourth or tenth) day hair. A blend of shea butter and lightweight natural oils provide a ton of moisture but thankfully none of the weigh-down.
10. Spornette Little Wonder teases tresses with tourmaline-enhanced nylon bristles to pump up the volume and truly thicken each strand of hair. A bonus worth noting: The tapered handle makes fixing (or switching) your part into a seamless process.
11. Herbal Essences Bio:Renew Shampoo delights your tresses *and* nose thanks to the invigorating scent of mint and citrus. Not only does a blend of essential antioxidants, aloe, and sea kelp promote hair health and body, but it’s also free of icky dyes, parabens, and aluminum.
12. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Collagen Coating Protein Ion Injection fixes up ends that have more splits than a banana sundae. This tames frizzy hair and delivers ultimate smoothness — all without weighing it down. Your tresses will look as if they’ve never even *heard* of hot tools and hair dye.
13. L’Oreal Paris Magic Root Cover Up Gray Concealer Spray extends the time between each salon visit by effortlessly covering grays. Consider this the concealer of your haircare routine, using a lightweight formula (READ: nongreasy) to hide silver strands with no smudging or sticky residue required. We love a quick fix.
14. Headquarters Exfoliating Scrub costs ~$8, but don’t let the affordable price tag fool ya. This sugar and salicylic acid blend is purposely formulated for oily scalps, providing a deep refreshing clean that balances buildup so you can avoid the following dilemma: stringiness.
15. Kitsch Spiral Hair Ties let you achieve that quick updo without wrapping a single hair tie around your thin ponytail a minimum of, oh, 10 times to ensure a strong hold. This ouch-less design won’t tug at your hair and doesn’t leave any dents behind, either.
16. R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste enlists all the benefits of your favorite dry shampoo (grease = a true arch nemesis), but all the benefits of a styling paste!? It’s truly ludicrous how well this works at tackling two problems: absorbing oil whilst adding texture.
17. Moroccanoil Curl Control Mousse provides ~step one~ in your quest for more defined curls. This lightweight formula enlists the help of argan oil (v. rich in antioxidants) to fight frizz, separate curls, and add bounce. And it won’t weigh down your hair! Volume and locks that would make Shirley Temple jealous are now yours for the taking.
18. Ethique Eco-Friendly Shampoo Bar adds a ton of body to even the finest of tresses *and* just one bar equals three bottles of liquid shampoo. Volume combined with money saved and avoided plastic = my definition of bliss.
19. Amika Polished Perfection Thermal Straightening Brush uses an impressive iRed technology that lets heat more rapidly penetrate your hair. In English? This thing reduces straightening time by up to half (#bless), ion projectors and a ceramic base promise smoothness and shine, plus it doesn’t give that “pin-straight” effect that basically ruins your chance at volume and body.
20. SexyHair Big Powder Play Volumizing & Texturizing Powder can be dabbed into your roots, spread through to the end, and bam! You’ve got body. This instantly liquifies to provide both fullness and slight tackiness, the latter of which makes your hot tool (and style staying power) so much more effective.
21. Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner contains a 98% naturally-derived blend that works to combat four types of damage (environmental, chemical, physical, and heat), all while reducing breakage by up to 90% in about a week. And we all know that breakage = not easy to conceal when you have thin hair that enjoys displaying flyaways for fun.
22. Diane Fromm Holiday Twist Flex Rods encourages you to lay that hot tool to rest. These are pros at providing perfect waves without subjecting your mane to unnecessary heat damage — which have my burnt split-ends and weak upper arms crying tears of relief, honestly.
23. Herstyler Hair Repair Serum is infused with argan oil, vitamin e, and aloe vera to tame frizz with a vengeance. It’s also blissfuly lightweight, meaning it won’t weigh down your mane *or* make it look like you’re wearing a vat of grease.
24. Verb Volume Spray delivers strength and volume via polymer seed extract, patented copolymer, quinoa protein, and soy protein for a commercial-worthy mane; all you’ll have to do is, well, spritz your hair. *patiently waits for royalty check*
25. Playa Endless Summer Spray reaps beach benefits to your haircare routine without having to, well, go to the beach. This blend of sea salt and chia seed extract easily delivers that sought after “tousled but voluminous” look — the kind that otherwise takes a ton of tears, time, and hot tool use.
26. OGX Extra Strength Treatment ~treats~ your scalp to some TLC that will strengthen your mane and allow styling products to take more effectively. It’s got tea tree leaf oil, peppermint, and witch hazel extracts to hit the reset button on greasy roots.
27. Hair Scalp Brush stimulates circulation via a silicone massage, which contributes to speedier hair growth and prevents excess oil build-up. If your thin hair has grown one centimeter since your 2-inch trim last year (I know that feeling well), consider this the shower staple you didn’t know you needed.
28. Boar Bristle Hair Brush evenly distributes all 👏 that 👏 oil 👏 from root to tip because oil at your roots = super flat hair. I’m pretty sure that any product capable of detangling and volumizing at the same time should be investigated for sorcery.
29. Got2B Thickening Plumping Hair Mousse adds elasticity, volume, and strength thanks to an instant collagen formula. Over 5,000 reviewers swear it will hold “I spent 45 minutes with a hot tool in my hands” styles all day, whether that style involves tight ringlets or stick straight strands.
30. Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner plumps 👏 it 👏 up 👏 with linden bud extract and argan oil, the latter of which restores fried ends with a vengeance and banishes dullness.
31. NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Oil Mist delivers stunning shine with a single spritz. Platinum fiber, pearl extract, hyaluronic acid, and grape stem cells say ~be gone~ to dull hair for a glossy mane that won’t feel weighed down (even if you have thin hair). We love that “I got a trim” look without chopping off inches of hair.
32. Xtava Black Orchid Hair Diffuser provides the most *chef kisses* defined curls of your life. This tool is designed with 360 degree airflow, which is just a fancy way of saying that heat is evenly distribute to dry each strand to perfection without causing any unwanted frizz in the process.
33. Hask Shampoo and Conditioner Set provide tresses with an extra layer of protection via organic rose oil and peach extract — this duo seals in hair color while also giving bounce, body, and shine. Want to be cast in a shampoo commercial? This is step one toward that royalty check.
Looking for the perfect gift for any occasion? Check out all of TheNews.Top’s gift guides!